The field of alternative health care has many names for the numerous therapy modalities. Common terms are holistic, alternative, integrative, complementary, naturopathic, homeopathic and natural therapy. Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy is a recent addition to the alternative health care field. PEMF therapy complements most modalities of therapy on a fundamental cellular level.
“I have come to believe that PEMF is perhaps the ultimate adjunct therapy. Every clinician I have talked to, without exception, who has tried PEMF along with any other therapy has reported that the benefits are strongly synergistic. Clinicians emphatically report that this is true for everything they have tried, including chiropractic adjustment, physiotherapy, nutritional and naturopathic strategies, acupuncture, laser therapy, exercise therapy, stem cell therapy and even surgery.”
– Dr. Robert Dennis – Associate Professor at the School of Medicine and College of Arts & Science Univ. North Carolina, Masters in Kinesiology and PhD in biological engineering.
1 – Increase Effectiveness of Existing Therapies
The Foundation for Alternative and Integrative Medicine (FAIM) has found PEMF therapy to be a beneficial therapy. PEMF has shown to be far more efficient, pain free and can work at much lower levels of energy and frequency than some other methods. Because the effects of PEMF can persist for a time after PEMF has stopped, it is logical to conclude that low intensity PEMF acts to correct the problem that has been causing the pain, not just blocking the pain signal. This is in stark contrast to most mainstream and some alternative treatments for chronic pain, especially the use of narcotics.
It has been shown in literally thousands of clinical studies that PEMF treatment stimulates many aspects of cellular metabolism and cellular efficiencies. PEMF therapy increases the cells transmembrane potential (TMP), basically the cellular charge, and flow of ions across the cell membrane along with enhancing growth factors, tissue repair and overall healing.
PEMF therapy increases blood circulation in and around damaged tissue and effectively helps damaged cells heal by bringing more oxygen into the cells. Effects that are observed when the TMP is increased include: enhanced cellular energy (ATP) production, increased oxygen uptake, changes in entry of calcium, movement of sodium out of the cell, movement of potassium into the cell, changes in enzyme and biochemical activity. Another observed effect is an increase in cellular pH. This alkalises the body and stimulates large amounts of lymphatic vessels to pump and drain lymph fluid, which in turn supports immune health. This effect involves a chain of processes in the human body that leads to the improvement of health without side effects including:
- Increased production of nitric oxide that dilates blood vessels that lowers blood pressure
- Improved micro-circulation
- Increased supply of oxygen, ions and nutrients to cells
- Increased partial oxygen pressure
- Increased ATP production by excitation of electrons
- Stimulation of RNA and DNA production
- Accelerated protein bio-synthesis
- Anti-oxidation regulation with increased circulation of available electrons
- Increased calcium transport and absorption for stronger bones, joints and muscles
- Enhanced cellular and tissue elasticity with increased collagen production
- Increased cellular genesis promoting bone, cartilage, tendon and soft tissue growth
- Stimulation of cellular repair mechanisms
- Enhanced macro circulation: by mechanically de-clumping blood cells, alternately dilating and constricting vessels, and through angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels
- Increased absorption of nutrients
- Accelerated detoxification of cells and organs
- Decreased swelling, inflammation and pain
- Boosting of the immune system, the body’s defences by improving the rolling and adhesion behaviour of white blood cells
- Supporting the body’s internal self-regulating mechanisms by activating cellular and molecular processes.
2 – Increase the Scope of Treatable Disorders
PEMF is FDA approved in the US for brain cancer, depression & anxiety unresponsive to medications, non-union bone fractures, urinary incontinence and muscle stimulation. You can see PEMF covers a broad spectrum of imbalances and goes to essence of its comprehensive effectiveness: “All chronic illnesses and injuries have an associated low voltage.” – Dr Jerry Tennant – ‘Healing is Voltage’ PEMF therapy address low voltage by inducing microcurrents within all of the cells to increase cellular voltage and therefore cellular efficiencies. This increase in voltage can accelerate the body’s own natural healing process.
Treat conditions and get positive results for your clients with disorders or conditions you haven’t been able to address or not in your current skill set. For example, someone with muscular or skeletal problems can benefit from decreased pain and improved flexibility, plus their sleep and mental clarity can improve or stress is reduced. We have seen many examples of clients seeing multiple improvements over a broad range of conditions.
3 – PEMF is Easy to Administer and Learn
- Attendance during treatment is unnecessary. Another staff member can set standard time and intensity protocols, push start and then go off to do other duties.
- Work with other patients during a PEMF treatment
- Simple one-page chart instructions
- Clothes removal unnecessary
- Small footprint of space required
- Massage table, chair and small stand
- Over 100 detailed videos if you want extensive training of the technology
- Online manufacturer’s certification and on-going training webinars
- Free phone support from an experienced PEMF practitioner
- Educational/marketing material and assistance available
Treatment Session Example – 30 to 45 minutes
There are three PEMF applicators that generate pulsed electro-magnetic waves of various frequencies: a full body Mat, a Pad the size of a pillow and the Spot (two small applicators the size of your palm connected by an elastic band). Patients lie on the mat for 10 to 15 minutes fully clothed while natural magnetic waves enter and recharge every cell in the body. It is important to treat the whole body all at once for several reasons: 1 – the source of the imbalance may not necessarily be where a person feels the imbalance or there are secondary contributing factors elsewhere in the body; 2 – the whole body is drained of energy (‘electrons’) so it’s important that all systems get charged and communication is improved
Smaller applicators (Pad & Spot) are then used to apply PEMF to the localised problem areas for 15 to 20 minutes to focus charging of the cells in a specific problem area.
4 – Rise above the Competition with Proven Technology
The iMRS Prime PEMF System Features:
- Far Infrared (FIR)
- Biofeedback (HRV recording & SPO2 monitoring)
- Brain Entrainment (colour, light & sound therapy)
- Split-Mode (treat two people at the same time)
- Fast Start Programs (one touch setting for: Activation, Relaxation, Performance, Regeneration, Balance, Sleep, Solfeggio Frequencies)
- Two to five PEMF waveforms
Offer a new, proven & highly effective technology. PEMF therapy has been accepted in many countries around the world. The US FDA accepted the use of PEMF devices in the healing of non-union bone fractures, urinary incontinence and muscle stimulation and depression & anxiety. Israel has accepted the use of PEMF devices for migraine headaches. Canada has accepted PEMF devices for many uses. The European Union has many acceptances for the use of PEMF therapy in many areas including healing and recovery from trauma, degeneration and the treatment of the pain associated with these conditions.
- People are looking for a solution to their chronic problems that is safe & effective
- Collect biofeedback data to track patient progress (Exagon Sense)
- Treat the body and mind at the same time (brain entrainment system – Exagon Brain)
- The Exagon Sense, a HRV Biofeedback system, is also available as an additional accessory that records heart rate variability. Thisconnects directly to the iMRS Prime PEMF system. Thisgenerates a sophisticated report with graphs through Kubios HRV software. This monitors the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system activities, stress levels, etc. over time.
- The Exagon Sense biofeedback system automatically varies the PEMFintensity based on the monitored HRV of the client during the treatment session. This prevents treatment acclimation or habituation and also stimulates the immune system. Over time, the Exagon Sense biofeedback technology (in combination with the iMRS Prime applications) can train and improve your personal HRV by creating homeostasis in the body.
- The Exagon Sense also monitors Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) with each Session
- The Exagon Brain, a brain entrainment system, comes as an additional accessory in the SET with the Exagon Sense. The Exagon Brain is best described as a “healing spa for your mind.” It works seamlessly with the iMRS Prime Exagon mat to give you relaxation frequencies via light, sound and colour that will melt away stress, increase oxygenation in your brain, deepen your ability to relax, improve sleep, lift depression and improve emotional balance.
- The Exagon Brain is simple to use. Just lay on the Exagon mat, put on the goggles, then breath deep and relax. Soon you will begin to feel your body becoming more energized and rejuvenated.
- These benefits equal and rival traditional meditation. Brainwave Entrainment is a reliable, predictable and consistent tool that harmonises various areas of your brain at once. With regular practice, new neural connections begin to form between the two hemispheres for cumulative and long-term benefits.
- Audio-visual brainwave entrainment is the simultaneous use of sound and light. visual entrainment is more effective than audio entrainment, but when the auditory and visual cortex of the brain is stimulated all at once, then greater portions of the brain can be entrained.
- The Exagon Brain is a device that combines rhythmic sound and light stimuli in harmony with the biological organ clock to achieve the best possible Brainwave Entrainment.
5 – Good Return on Investment (ROI)
- Add two additional income streams
- Recurring treatment protocol
- 2 to 3 sessions/week for the first few weeks
- No clothing removal
- Unattended treatment
- Some clients will purchase a system
How PEMF Works
Low frequency pulsed magnetic waves induce microcurrents in all of the cells using the same principles of physics found in a generator (Faraday’s Law of Induction). PEMF increases cellular voltage and thus… cellular efficiencies. Therefore, absorption and elimination processes are improved, oxygenation increases, ATP production improves, quicker soft tissue and injury recovery occurs, inflammation & ROS are reduced, pain decreases, the body becomes more alkaline, blood pressure is lowered, circulation increases and sleep improves. In essence, pulsed electromagnetic field therapy optimises the body’s self-healing and self-regulating functions. PEMF therapy offers one of the most safe and effective, non-invasive therapies available today.
Summary of PEMF Therapy Benefits
- Decreases pain
- Improves sleep
- Reduces inflammation
- Increases range of motion
- Repairs bone & soft tissue
- Increases oxygenation
- Increases nutrient absorption
- Facilitates detoxification
- Increases mental clarity
- Increases endurance
- Higher ATP production
- Quicker recovery
- Reduces blood pressure
- Nerve regeneration